Wednesday, August 22, 2018

High Holidays and being a Stalking Survivor

I’m feeling the need to say this publicly. 

With all the ugliness that occurred during  the years of running The Awareness Center (being stalked, harassed, belittled, spit at, having my home broken into, being assaulted, hit and run car accidents, etc.), it makes it difficult to want to walk into a synagogue for the high holidays. 

I’m a Jew, could never be anything else. Yet the hate thrown my way for nearly 20 years has had its impact on me. 

I wish there was a synagogue created for survivors of the backlash of being victimized for speaking out against sex crimes and other criminal behaviors within my faith.

I’ve included the link below for those of you who are unaware of the work I used to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment